Power Failure Procedures
In the event of a power failure:
- Raise blinds to let in outside light.
- If you are instructed to evacuate, lock all areas.
- Do not congregate in lobby areas or in the street.
- If you are so instructed, go to the designated area and remain with your group.
- Return to your building when instructed by the proper authority.
If you are trapped in an elevator during a power failure, wait for assistance (there are emergency telephones in the elevators, which are directly connected to a live 24-hour answering service). Do not force open the doors or try to escape through the roof hatch. Do not panic.
Keep an appropriate number of flashlights available for emergency use and make sure all employees know the locations.